Latham Re-signs & Henry Joins Team Kookaburra

#gameon

Kookaburra’s support of cricket in New Zealand continued this week with the announcement that Blackcaps star Tom Latham will continue using Kookaburra bats and equipment, while rising fast bowler Matt Henry will join Latham as part of Team Kookaburra.

Latham has become a cornerstone of Blackcaps teams in recent years at the top of the order and will continue his long association with Kookaburra, something that stretches back to his father Rod’s career as a Blackcap in the 1990s.

“My first ever cricket bat was a Kookaburra, it was a cut-down versions of my dad’s bat so its great to continue with the company that’s been supporting me across so much of my career. I’ll be using the Kookaburra Blaze bats this season,” said Latham.

Henry looks set to play a significant role in future Blackcaps teams and add to his 9 Tests and 35 ODIS.

“I’m thrilled to be joining Kookaburra, not only so I can use the best bats and equipment around but also so I can understand ball-making processes better, as a bowler it’s a real interest of mine,” said Henry.

Latham and Henry headline a group of players that Kookaburra will support on new sponsorship partnerships:

Todd Astle (Black Caps & Canterbury)
Tom Blundell (Black Caps & Wellington)
Michael Bracewell (Wellington)
Anton Devcich (Northern Districts)
Josh Finnie (Otago)
Kyle Jamieson (Canterbury)
Willem Ludick (Central Districts)
Malcolm Nofal (Wellington)
General Manager of Kookaburra New Zealand Jason Mills said it completes the company’s support of the cricket pathway in New Zealand.

“Kookaburra recently signed a new sponsorship deal with New Zealand Cricket, and we are continuing our sponsorships of the vast majority of grassroots and junior cricket associations across the country,” Mills said.

“So the final piece to that jigsaw of helping support the game, is the players, making sure the elite have the best equipment and support and the same applies to those striving to reach the elite level. We go on the journey with our players from a young age.”

The new and continuing partnerships add to the impressive Team Kookaburra stable in New Zealand cricket including Amy Sattherthwaite, Martin Guptill, Sophie Devine, Lockie Ferguson, Jimmy Neesham, Tom Bruce, Seth Rance, Maddy Green and Tim Seifert.